1/1 Photo of Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
Tee Lee's Note:
This lemony, chicken rice soup traditionally uses eggs to thicken the broth, but to lighten it up, this version uses cream of chicken soup. Remember to use the fat-free and low-sodium variety of soup to keep it healthier. From Pampered Chef 'Good for You' Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or finely minced)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat free low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1Heat a 4 quart stockpot over medium heat.
- 2Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Add carrots, onion and garlic, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken, lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, broth and black pepper; bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in rice and reduce heat.
- 6Cover and simmer over low heat 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 669.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free low-sodium cream of chicken soup