Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks and put them in a large ovenproof dish.
- Add the olive oil, lemon rind and juice, water, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Bake the potatoes for 1-1 1/4 hours or until they are cooked through and crispy.
- Stir every now and then during cooking to coat with the herby oil.
- Finally sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
I love these potaotoes! We always called them Grecian Patatoes. at any rate for a little extra effort these spuds are worh it! P.S. The Greek Lemon chicken is great also.
Really very good but I might have goofed. I cut the potatoes into 8 pieces and this might have been too small as they cooked in half the time. Also the coating mixture burned on the botton of the dish. Maybe oven was too hot. Will adjust next time. But a great recipe.
An excellant recipe for Grecian potatoes!Thanks ,T