A Rachael Ray recipe from the Food Network site. I get requests to make this often. It's dairy-free for those among us who are allergic/sensitive to dairy/kosher! I'm sure it can be adapted to suit individual tastes (keeping with the Greek theme, you can add feta cheese, chopped mint, ouzo...). These improve after a day in the fridge, so don't be afraid to make them in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Combine meats, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3Add margarine or butter and oil to pan and begin rolling small balls, adding them to the pan ans you roll them.
- 4Cook meat balls for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to brown on all sides.
- 5When the meatballs are browned, deglaze the pan with the wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the lemon over the meat balls.
- 7Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve alone or over rice.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Meatballs in Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.4 g