Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The millets are a group of small seed species of cereal crop or grains,widely grown around the world for food and fodder. They are small-seeded grasses grown in difficult production environments. It was millets, rather than rice, that formed important parts of prehistoric diet in Chinese Neolithic and Korean. It can be purchased in a health food store
- 1⁄3 cup millet
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 80 g feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dry, use fresh to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dry, use fresh to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, use fresh to taste
- Boil the millet in the vegetable broth and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take pot off the heat pot a lid on and let cool.
- Slice or dice the vegetables (cucumber, tomatoe, and peppers)and put into a salad bowl.
- Carefully fold in the cooled millet.
- Crumble the feta cheese over top.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad.
This is a nice, fresh-tasting salad. I used all fresh herbs, which I think improved the salad quite a bit. This has a high vegetable-to-grain ratio, so it's very light, also. Thanks for posting; I thought this was very refreshing and also easy to make.