Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The millets are a group of small seed species of cereal crop or grains,widely grown around the world for food and fodder. They are small-seeded grasses grown in difficult production environments. It was millets, rather than rice, that formed important parts of prehistoric diet in Chinese Neolithic and Korean. It can be purchased in a health food store
- 78.07 ml millet
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 80 g feta cheese
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano, dry, use fresh to taste
- 2.46 ml basil, dry, use fresh to taste
- 2.46 ml dried thyme, use fresh to taste
- Boil the millet in the vegetable broth and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take pot off the heat pot a lid on and let cool.
- Slice or dice the vegetables (cucumber, tomatoe, and peppers)and put into a salad bowl.
- Carefully fold in the cooled millet.
- Crumble the feta cheese over top.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad.