Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally titled: Grilled Bread with Olive Paste, Marinated Anchovies and Red Florina Peppers. From the Summer 2006 edition of Greek Gourmet Traveler for Kerasma. Florina peppers are sweet pimiento peppers. Substitute sweet roasted red peppers if you can't get them.
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 100 g kalamata olives (paste form)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 12 slices bread, stale 4 x 2 . 5 cm
- 12 marinated anchovies
- 12 slices red peppers (florina)
- Mix the garlic together with the olive paste and mint leaves.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread the paste onto each slice,place one anchovy one pepper strip on top.