Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful omelet with so many delicious flavors working with each other to produce an omelet that is healthy for you, as well as great tasting! Try this for a weekend morning with a glass of juice, some melon, English muffin and the morning paper! It will start you out with nutrients you'll need for the day! Note: *(Be sure to use a cast iron skillet when placing it under the broiler.
- 1 medium potato, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers or 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olive
- 4 large eggs, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- In a cast- iron skillet or a frying pan, saute the potatoes in the olive oil; cook for about 3 minutes in one layer, then turn once and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper; cook until the softens and the potatoes are done. Add the spinach and the capers or olives. When the spinach is cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat a cast-iron frying pan that is well-seasoned enough to handle a large omelet, or use a non-stick skillet. Add the oil to the pre-heated pan and swirl it around the pan. Immediately add the beaten egg mixture and move it around the pan until the egg coats the entire bottom. Tip the pan to distribute the liquid egg that still may be in the center of the pan. Place the vegetables that you are using on top of the egg mixture. Add the crumbled feta cheese.
- *Place under a medium or high broiler and broil until the cheese is meltedand the eggs are set. Watch carefully, since this step takes only a few minutes. Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with the chopped dill, if using. Serve immediately.
- Note: Feta making a folded omelet, place the vegetables and the feta on one side only of the egg mixture. Then place under the broiler to melt the cheese. Then remove from under the broiler and then just fold the remaining half over the vegetable/cheese side. Then just skide it out of the pan and onto a pre-heated(optional) plate or platter.