1/2 Photos of Greek Oregano and Cinnamon Roast Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lou van's Note:
This is taken from Tonia Buxton, a Greek / English presenter who travelled around the Greek islands presenting "My Greek Kitchen". This is a recipe that she apparently got from Crete, its very easy and tasty and great served with her recipe for Cumin Potatoes (which I've also posted) and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 180C.
- 2Place chicken in a roasting dish and rub with 1 tbsp oil.
- 3Place tomato slices on breast and legs.
- 4Separate the onion slices and place around the chicken.
- 5Season with the salt, pepper, oregano and cinnamon.
- 6Drizzle remaining oil over the chicken and place in the oven for 11/2 hours or until the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Oregano and Cinnamon Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 43.6 g