Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is taken from Tonia Buxton, a Greek / English presenter who travelled around the Greek islands presenting "My Greek Kitchen". This is a recipe that she apparently got from Crete, its very easy and tasty and great served with her recipe for Cumin Potatoes (which I've also posted) and salad.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place chicken in a roasting dish and rub with 1 tbsp oil.
- Place tomato slices on breast and legs.
- Separate the onion slices and place around the chicken.
- Season with the salt, pepper, oregano and cinnamon.
- Drizzle remaining oil over the chicken and place in the oven for 11/2 hours or until the juices run clear.