This is so yummy, and such a versatile recipe, too! Use whatever dressing/veggies/seasonings you happen to have on hand. Serve it as a side dish... it's particularly wonderful with grilled chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 16 ounces chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton, may need more or less depending)
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (1 lb) bag broccoli floret
- 3 -6 tablespoons Greek salad dressing
- garlic powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 2 -4 ounces feta cheese
- 1Heat oil in a largeskillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil until golden.
- 2Add broth to skillet; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; heat to boiling. Cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding broth as necessary. Stir in broccoli and dressing, then add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
- 3Continue stirring until pasta is cooked, continuing to add broth as necessary.
- 4Add feta, remove from heat, stir, and allow to rest for a couple minutes. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 585.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Greek salad dressing