1/4 Photos of Greek Orzo and Broccoli
The warm side dish delivers strong feta and olive flavors while red pepper flakes add a little spice. Sometimes I add some diced red bell pepper to add color, but I really prefer it without the red bell pepper. The original idea for this recipe came from a recipe on AllRecipes, but I've added some things and made others optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup Greek olive, pitted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons slivered almonds or 4 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olives, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- 3In a small nonstick skillet, saute almonds and minced garlic in oil for about 1 minute. Stir in red pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- 4Stir in olive mixture; toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Orzo and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 196.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g