Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is modeled after my favorite Orzo Pasta Salad from Whole Foods. I like to cook a batch and snack on for days or have it for a side dish for dinner. I usually add about 2 tblsp of juice from the kalamata olives because I love the flavor, but you dont have to. Great for a BBQ or party!
- Cook Orzo al dente, 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and cool in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to pasta to prevent sticking.
- Toss olives, pepper, onion, tomatoes and cheese in with pasta.
- Add vinegar and basil and toss.
- Salt and pepepr to taste.
Excellent and easy to make! I made this with the ingredients I had on hand, so I replaced sun-dried tomatoes with spinach, used green onions instead of red onions, and added some diced cucumbers.
This recipe is right on!! This tastes even better than the one I loved at WFM. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be making this quite often.
Oh YUM!!! I love this stuff, thanks for posting! I think I'll also add in some spinach like WF does.