Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT - Greece. From My Baking Addiction blog
Make and share this Greek Orzo Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 -10 green olives, drained and halved
- Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well incorporated. No blender? That’s just fine, simply mix/shake the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Salad: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell peppers, feta and olives. Toss with dressing and chill for at least one 1 hour in refrigerator.
I love orzo salad and this one is good. Lots of flavor and enjoyed the mustard for a change. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9-2013 by a member of team Hot Stuff!
I made this exactly as written except for using a yellow pepper in place of the red. Delicious! The whole family loved it. Made for ZWT9
I love orzo salads and this was no exception. I tweaked the amounts slightly and used more tomatoes, olives and feta, 1 whole red pepper (no green), more dijon in the dressing, and fresh basil (about 2 tsp) in the dressing. Also switched the red onion for green onion, just because it was on hand. Was great as part of our Father's Day meal (with smoked brisket, potato salad, grilled garlic scapes & grilled sugar snaps). Thanks for sharing!