1/1 Photo of Greek Orzo Salad
4 hrs 20 mins
This was modified from a recipe that I got from Celestial Seasonings. Boiling the orzo in peppermint tea really gives the pasta a minty flavor, and a slightly brown look - like it's made from whole wheat pasta. I loved going out to my new garden and picking the fresh herbs for this recipe and loved the way they tasted in this very fresh tasting pasta salad. A note of warning though, this makes 8 meal-sized servings, not side dish servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta
- 4 (2 g) bags peppermint tea
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1Cook pasta according to directions in water with tea bags. This would be a good time to prep the rest of the ingredients.
- 2Rinse with cool water.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice asnd Dijon mustard.
- 5Add oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- 6Add remaining ingredients.
- 7Toss citronette with orzo salad.
- 8Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 289.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: