Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I combined several recipes to create this one...everytime I make it everyone wants the recipe so it seems to be popular.
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (the small ones)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (such as Maille)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil Orzo pasta in water until al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the pasta with the onion, tomato, basil, olives, and capers.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard and lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in the oil until it forms an emulsion.
- Add in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Toss in the feta cheese and chill until ready to serve.