Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I combined several recipes to create this one...everytime I make it everyone wants the recipe so it seems to be popular.
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (the small ones)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (such as Maille)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil Orzo pasta in water until al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the pasta with the onion, tomato, basil, olives, and capers.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard and lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in the oil until it forms an emulsion.
- Add in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Toss in the feta cheese and chill until ready to serve.
Hands down, the best Greek pasta salad I've made or tasted yet!! (and I've made a lot of them). I had two picnics two days in a row, so I used 1 lb of orzo and doubled everything else. Then I realized I was out of capers, so I used extra kalamata olives instead. The first day was delicious, and the second day was delicious x10! I couldn't believe it could get even better! YUMMM!!!
Loved it. It was simple to make. with ingredients on hand. I added diced cucumber for crunch, grated some carrot for color. Didn't have fresh basil so I used dried and italian seasoning for oregano. This passed the husband test and will definitely make again. Adding to my cookbook!
We really liked this salad. I think it actually tasted better the next day. When I make this next time I think I will cut down just slightly on the basil and oregano.