gingerkitten D's Note:
I combined several recipes to create this one...everytime I make it everyone wants the recipe so it seems to be popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (the small ones)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (such as Maille)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Boil Orzo pasta in water until al dente.
- 2Drain and allow to cool.
- 3Mix the pasta with the onion, tomato, basil, olives, and capers.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the mustard and lemon juice.
- 5Gradually whisk in the oil until it forms an emulsion.
- 6Add in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour over the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- 9Toss in the feta cheese and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.3
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g