1/1 Photo of Greek Pasta and Beef
1 hr 25 mins
Mac and cheese goes international with this Greek inspired dish. To make it even more authentic, you could substitute ground lamb for the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 egg, sligtly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in tomato sauce, water and seasonings.
- 3Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- 4Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine macaroni, egg and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 5In a large saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth.
- 6Gradually add milk.
- 7Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 8Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 9Stir a snall amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan.
- 10Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 12In a greased 3-qt baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture.
- 13Top with beef mixture and remaining macaroni mixture.
- 14Pour sauce over the top.
- 15Bake, uncovered at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- 16Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pasta and Beef
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 501.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g