If you like olives, feta, tomatoes and pasta, then you'll love this comfort food! A twist on my baked ziti recipe. Beware that it makes a LOT of food. I usually divide it amongst 2 casserole dishes, cooking one and freezing the other for an easy dinner another night. Enjoy!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 lb browned ground beef
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 12 chopped kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ricotta, egg, garlic powder, oregano, onion flakes, 4oz feta and mozzarella in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix beef, tomatoes, olives, 1.5 cups marinara sauce and pasta.
- Grease the largest casserole dish you've got. . LOL. . .you can do a 9x13 and a pie plate or two 8x8s, whatever you choose. In each casserole dish, layer pasta mixture, then top with some of the cheese mixture, then more pasta mixture and more cheese mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cup (or more) marinara sauce and bake for 30-35 min, or until hot& bubbly.