Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The third of three pasta pies from an old BH&G cookbook.
Make and share this Greek Pasta Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs, beaten in separate bowls
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb or 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine 1 beaten egg, Parmesan, and butter in a medium bowl. Add macaroni and toss to coat.
- Press macaroni mixture into the bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- Combine 1 beaten egg, cottage cheese, and spinach in small bowl. Spread over the spaghetti crust.
- Cook meat, onion, and green pepper in skillet until the meat is brown. Add tomato sauce and cinnamon, cook until heated through.
- Spoon meat mixture on top of cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Top with feta and let stand 5 minutes before serving.