The Wallaces's Note:
The third of three pasta pies from an old BH&G cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs, beaten in separate bowls
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 lb ground lamb or 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- 3Combine 1 beaten egg, Parmesan, and butter in a medium bowl. Add macaroni and toss to coat.
- 4Press macaroni mixture into the bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- 5Combine 1 beaten egg, cottage cheese, and spinach in small bowl. Spread over the spaghetti crust.
- 6Cook meat, onion, and green pepper in skillet until the meat is brown. Add tomato sauce and cinnamon, cook until heated through.
- 7Spoon meat mixture on top of cottage cheese mixture.
- 8Bake uncovered at 350F for 25 minutes.
- 9Top with feta and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pasta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.0
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 920.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g