This salad is easy to make and tastes fantastic. Great for family barbecues!
Make and share this Greek Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package rotini pasta or 1 package fusilli
- 1 can sliced olive, , drained
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained & quartered (I prefer packed in water)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled,halved & sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package feta cheese, drained & crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions, drain.
- In a small bowl prepare dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pasta with prepared vegetables, toss and then add crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the dressing and stir.
- Best if allowed to refidgerate for an hour before serving.
Absolutly heavenly! I love the feta!
A very nice salad. I admit, I didn't use alot of the veggies (my kids dont approve), but what we did use was really good. I think its better the next day so next time I will let it sit overnight to soak up some of that yummy goodness. thank you for sharing your recipe with us.
We are used to a more oily dressing. I had to double the oil and it is still too watery for me. Next time, I'll replace water by olive oil. 3 cloves of garlic is plenty and I added 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Lemon juice MUST be fresh, I used 4 tbs but reduced the vinegar of 1 tbs. Very versatile as for the salad itself. I used sun dried tomatoes in oil, kalamata olives, broccoli florets, tomatoes, 3 green onions and red pepper. Good feta cheese takes this salad to another level...