I found a greek dressing recipe that we liked from Zaar (I think it was one of Kittencal's) and went from there. My DH loves just about anything with Feta on it. I don't use fresh basil enough to keep it on hand so I use a jarred kind (Polaner Chopped ready to use). The salad is best if you let the dressing chill but I have made it at the last minute also, I just make the dressing first and chill while doing the rest.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 small celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, julienne-cut, cut in half (either cover with boiling water or place in bottom of strainer and drain the pasta over them)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well, chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain, do not rinse.
- Combine all ingredients, in a medium sized bowl with the pasta and tomatoes on top, pour a small amount of the dressing over the hot pasta and toss gently to coat. Add more dressing so that all ingredients are well coated.
- Chill before serving.