This is a wonderful mediterranian pasta salad. It is very tasty and also very healthy, too, cause it uses no cream or mayonnaise. You can make it even healthier by using whole wheat pasta instead of regular. This is great served with some oven-warm bread or just eaten plain.
- 80 g pasta (maccaroni or penne)
- 125 g frozen spinach
- 150 g kefir
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 40 g green olives, halved (stones removed)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 bunch dill, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or 1 tablespoon other flavourful oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). In the last five minutes of cooking add spinach.
- For the sauce combine kefir, oil, garlic, dill and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a big bowl combine sauce, drained pasta and spinach, tomatoes, olives and onion.
- Season again to taste.
- Let cool and serve or eat warm. Enjoy!