If you love Greek food then you might want to give this recipe a try, this is not your average everyday salad the zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers are broiled firstly, you may adjust the veggie amounts slightly or double the complete recipe, to save some time you can broil the zucchini and bell pepper and cook the pasta shells up to a day ahead, you may omit the eggplant and use two zucchini if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- 1 large zucchini (sliced lengthwise into about 1-inch thick slices)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (halved lengthwise then seeded, can use 2 medium peppers)
- 1 medium eggplant (chopped into about 1-inch cubes)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked medium pasta shell
- 1 -1 1/2 lb cooked small shrimp
- 8 ounces large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1For the vinaigrette; in a blender process vinegar with mustard, garlic and salt for about 5 seconds.
- 2Slowly drizzle in the oil until blended.
- 3Add in honey or sugar if desired, then season with black pepper to taste.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Adjust oven rack to the top position.
- 6Place the zucchini slices, yellow bell pepper halves and cubed eggplant onto a greased baking sheet.
- 7Drizzle the oil over veggies and and toss with hands to coat.
- 8Lightly season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- 9Broil for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning over once.
- 10Cool then cut into bite-size pieces; place into a large bowl (DO NOT clean the baking sheet, you will cool the cooked pasta on it).
- 11Boil the pasta shells in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente; drain but DO NOT rinse; spread onto the baking sheet that you broiled the veggies on; set aside and cool.
- 12Place the cooled pasta into the bowl that has the cooked chopped zucchini and bell peppers in, then add in cooked shrimp, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and dried oregano; toss well to combine.
- 13Season with lots black pepper.
- 14At this point you may add in the dressing; toss to combine then season with salt and pepper, or you may add in the dressing before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pasta Salad With Shrimp, Zucchini, Tomatoes and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.0
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 655.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar