Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love Greek food then you might want to give this recipe a try, this is not your average everyday salad the zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers are broiled firstly, you may adjust the veggie amounts slightly or double the complete recipe, to save some time you can broil the zucchini and bell pepper and cook the pasta shells up to a day ahead, you may omit the eggplant and use two zucchini if desired
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- 1 large zucchini (sliced lengthwise into about 1-inch thick slices)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (halved lengthwise then seeded, can use 2 medium peppers)
- 1 medium eggplant (chopped into about 1-inch cubes)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked medium pasta shell
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked small shrimp
- 8 ounces large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- For the vinaigrette; in a blender process vinegar with mustard, garlic and salt for about 5 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until blended.
- Add in honey or sugar if desired, then season with black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Adjust oven rack to the top position.
- Place the zucchini slices, yellow bell pepper halves and cubed eggplant onto a greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over veggies and and toss with hands to coat.
- Lightly season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning over once.
- Cool then cut into bite-size pieces; place into a large bowl (DO NOT clean the baking sheet, you will cool the cooked pasta on it).
- Boil the pasta shells in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente; drain but DO NOT rinse; spread onto the baking sheet that you broiled the veggies on; set aside and cool.
- Place the cooled pasta into the bowl that has the cooked chopped zucchini and bell peppers in, then add in cooked shrimp, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and dried oregano; toss well to combine.
- Season with lots black pepper.
- At this point you may add in the dressing; toss to combine then season with salt and pepper, or you may add in the dressing before serving.
What a fabulous pasta salad. DH said it was as beautiful as it was gourmet ... and we are not usually pasta lovers!