This is a rich, creamy sauce with a lovely pale-green colour. You won't need much of it to dress up a plate of pasta.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 large ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and roughly chopped
- 25 g butter, plus extra for tossing the pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed, to taste
- 350 ml double cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 450 g green tagliatelle pasta noodles
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cook for one minute, then add the cream and chopped avocados.
- Increase the heat, stirring constantly to break up the avocados.
- Add the diced tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper and a little tabasco sauce.
- Keep the mixture warm.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water, according to the directions on the packet.
- Drain well and toss with a knob of butter.
- Divide the pasta among four warmed bowls and spoon over the sauce.
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan and a dollop of sour cream, as well as salt and pepper to taste.