1/4 Photos of Greek Pasta With Avocado Sauce
This is a rich, creamy sauce with a lovely pale-green colour. You won't need much of it to dress up a plate of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 large ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and roughly chopped
- 25 g butter, plus extra for tossing the pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed, to taste
- 350 ml double cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 450 g green tagliatelle pasta noodles
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- 2Cook for one minute, then add the cream and chopped avocados.
- 3Increase the heat, stirring constantly to break up the avocados.
- 4Add the diced tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper and a little tabasco sauce.
- 5Keep the mixture warm.
- 6Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water, according to the directions on the packet.
- 7Drain well and toss with a knob of butter.
- 8Divide the pasta among four warmed bowls and spoon over the sauce.
- 9Top with a sprinkle of parmesan and a dollop of sour cream, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pasta With Avocado Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.1
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 230.1 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g