In the midst of a heat wave in the northeast USA and all I can think of is salads and grilling. Found this one while scouring a cookbook and decided to post it for others to enjoy. Though the directions are presented for an indoor grill, you can easily do this with the conventional variety. This is the recipe with my planned modifications. If you try it before I do, comments and suggestions would be helpful. Cooking time does not include 60 minutes of chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green bell peppers
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, not smoking. Add cumin seeds and toast until they begin to dance, about 1 minute. Turn off heat and give the seeds a quick press with the back of a wooden spoon. The object here is to help them release flavor, not to actually crush them.
- 2Whisk the seeds together with the other dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 3Quarter the bell peppers, removing the seeds and pith. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes until the skins are a bit charred and loose from the green flesh.
- 4Remove peppers from grill and place in a plastic resealable bag and close. Once the peppers are cool, slip off the skins and cut the peppers into thick (3/8 to 1/2 inch) strips.
- 5Halve and pit the peaches. Slice the peaches into eighths (4 slices for each half). If your peaches are smallish, consider sixths.
- 6Slice the olives in half. Dice the feta cheese into small cubes.
- 7Combine peppers, peaches, feta and olives in a large bowl.
- 8Give dressing a final whisk and pour over the salad.
- 9Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Peach and Grilled Green Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese
white wine vinegar