Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pasta recipe came from recipestoday.com I was surprised how easy this was to prepare and how little you could mess it up! Very flavorful and colorful as well.
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta (or any type you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, chopped and squeezed dry of water
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as you would normally and set aside for later on in the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-low heat. Skillet should be large enough to accomodate all the ingredients in the recipe.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the pasta and spinach, toss the mixture to coat, and leave on heat long enough to heat everything through.
- Remove from stove and add all other ingredients. Toss to mix properly, and dig in!
The lemon juice in this was outstanding! Made it very fresh tasting, and good enough for my BF to urge me to go for 5 stars. Since we like a larger sauce to pasta ratio, I only used 6 ounces pasta and the whole amount of sauce for the two of us. I also saved some extra calories by using less than 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 4 ounces feta cheese. Otherwise no changes. Thanks! Great recipe!