A Different kind of pizza!!
Make and share this Greek Phyllo Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (1 pound)
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add spinach and sauté until all excess moisture has evaporated.
- Add basil, oregano, lemon juice and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- Prepare Phyllo pizza crust: Use 10 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with melted butter, margarine, oil or vegetable spray.
- Use 1/4 cup butter.
- Repeat this step.
- Place length of phyllo across width of greased 15 x 10 x 1 cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Overlap each set of 10 buttered phyllo sheets 5 inches at center.
- Roll overlapping phyllo onto itself on cookie sheet to form pizza crust.
- Brush top layer with melted butter or olive oil and top with your favorite ingredients.
- Spread spinach mixture on prepared phyllo sheets.
- Top spinach with 1/2 of mozzarella.
- Dredge tomatoes in bread crumbs and arrange on top of mozzarella.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.