1/1 Photo of Greek Phyllo Pizza
** Poppy **'s Note:
A Different kind of pizza!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (1 pound)
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic.
- 3Sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- 4Add spinach and sauté until all excess moisture has evaporated.
- 5Add basil, oregano, lemon juice and pepper.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Prepare Phyllo pizza crust: Use 10 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with melted butter, margarine, oil or vegetable spray.
- 9Use 1/4 cup butter.
- 10Repeat this step.
- 11Place length of phyllo across width of greased 15 x 10 x 1 cookie sheet or baking pan.
- 12Overlap each set of 10 buttered phyllo sheets 5 inches at center.
- 13Roll overlapping phyllo onto itself on cookie sheet to form pizza crust.
- 14 Brush top layer with melted butter or olive oil and top with your favorite ingredients.
- 15Spread spinach mixture on prepared phyllo sheets.
- 16Top spinach with 1/2 of mozzarella.
- 17Dredge tomatoes in bread crumbs and arrange on top of mozzarella.
- 18Top with remaining mozzarella and feta cheese.
- 19Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Phyllo Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.9
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 1270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.6 g