1/1 Photo of Greek Phyllo-Wrapped Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
This is a beautiful chicken dish that can be made for both week nights and company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 F.
- 2In bowl, mash together feta cheese, egg yolks and garlic. Mix in onions, parsley, mint and pepper.
- 3Cut chicken breast in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Spread feta mixture evenly on 1 half of each breast; fold breast over to enclose.
- 4Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out. Brush lightly with some of the butter; top with second sheet and brush lightly with butter. Centre 1 breast on phyllo about 2 inches (5 cm) from short edge; fold long sides over chicken and roll up. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 5Place in lightly greased baking dish; brush with remaining butter. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.).
- 6Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until crisp and golden, about 45 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Phyllo-Wrapped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 232.5 mg
- Sodium 884.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g