1/1 Photo of Greek Phyllo-Wrapped Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
This is a fairly easy to make dish that you can serve for either a family dinner or for a dinner party. It is excellent served with a steamed green such as spinach or rapini, simply dressed with a little olive oil and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, mash together feta cheese, egg yolks and garlic.
- 2Mix in onions, parsley, mint and pepper.
- 3With sharp knife held horizontally and starting at rounded side, cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like a book.
- 4Spread feta mixture evenly on 1 half of each breast; fold breast over to enclose.
- 5Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out.
- 6Brush lightly with some of the butter; top with second sheet and brush lightly with butter.
- 7Centre 1 breast on phyllo about 2 inches from the short edge; fold long sides over chicken and roll up.
- 8Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 9Place in lightly greased baking dish; brush with remaining butter.
- 10If making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- 11Bake in 350 degree F oven until crisp and golden, about 45 minutes.
- 12Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Phyllo-Wrapped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 232.5 mg
- Sodium 884.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g