Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Greek Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 250 g greek feta, crumbled
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 g prosciutto
- Place zucchini in a bowl. Scatter with 1tsp salt and toss to combine then set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse under running water, then drain well and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until very soft. Set aside to cool then transfer to a bowl. Add zucchini, feta, ricotta, flour, herbs and eggs to bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease a 22cm springform tin. Line base and sides with prosciutto slices, allowing prosciutto to overhang sides by 5cm. Pour in zucchini mixture then fold prosciutto over top, scrunching it slightly around edge of tin. Place tin on an oven tray and bake for 45 minutes or until pie is firm to the touch. Cool in tin for 20 minutes before releasing from tin. Serve slices warm or at room temperature.
Outstanding recipe! I didn't have any zucchini but had a 250g block of frozen spinach so used that (thawed and juice squeezed out). Using the prosciutto rather than pastry is a great and tasty way to make a tart/quiche different. The only thing I will do different next time will be to cover the top with foil so that the prosciutto doesn't curl. I served this warm with a salad but it would also be great picnic food. Thanks for the recipe!