If you do not want to serve with the Tahini dressing just serve with your favorite dressing. Try the Tahini dressing on other salads, it is excellent. This is an easy to make lunch for anyone not just vegetarians
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cottage cheese, blended until smooth
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 whole pita breads, cut in half
- 12 spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut in rings
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts
- 1In a bowl combine; cottage cheese with feta, basil, oregano, garlic, tahini, Pepper to taste.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Put 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture in each half Pita pocket.
- 4Put in 400F degrees oven for 5-7 minutes.
- 5Add spinach, tomatoes, onion rings,pepper and sprouts to each pocket.
- 6Serve with Tahini dressing on the side (Optional).
- 8Mix Tahini with lemon juice, then slowly add water until the Tahini, thins out Stir in the cumin, parsley, tamari and cayenne.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pita Lunch
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.3
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 3868.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 39.9 g