Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you do not want to serve with the Tahini dressing just serve with your favorite dressing. Try the Tahini dressing on other salads, it is excellent. This is an easy to make lunch for anyone not just vegetarians
- 1 lb cottage cheese, blended until smooth
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 whole pita breads, cut in half
- 12 spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut in rings
- 1⁄2 cup mixed sprouts
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 dash cayenne
- In a bowl combine; cottage cheese with feta, basil, oregano, garlic, tahini, Pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Put 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture in each half Pita pocket.
- Put in 400F degrees oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, onion rings,pepper and sprouts to each pocket.
- Serve with Tahini dressing on the side (Optional).
- Mix Tahini with lemon juice, then slowly add water until the Tahini, thins out Stir in the cumin, parsley, tamari and cayenne.
Absolutly delicious for a lunch or a light dinner.
OMG! This is so heavenly I want to be buried with it. And do NOT omit the tahini dressing, it is excellent and so perfect for this dish. I used a mixture of alfalfa, lentil and radish sprouts that I grow myself, but it would be great with just the alfalfa sprouts if that is all you can get.
i love it my kids love even my nan loves there goes the idea that amercains only eat macdondals or buguar this site i proven me wrong thank -you from hannah england deveon