Haven't made these yet. They prefered red pepper hummus.
Make and share this Greek Pita Pizzas - America's Test Kitchen recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475. Brush 2 T. oil over both sides of pita breads. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine rest of oil and vinegar in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss 2 T. of the vinaigrettet with onion and olives.
- Spread 2 T. hummus on each toasted pita round. Sprinkle cheese evenly over hummus, then top with onion-olive mix. Bake until onions soften and cheese melts, 6 - 8 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss arugula with rest of vinaigrette. Arrange on top of pizzas.
These were good, but not what I was expecting of an America's Test Kitchen recipe. I made these with Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and used spinach instead of arugula. Yes I would make them again someday, but not as a regular thing.
I love this! I can have my hummus without any of that pesky dipping... My little store was out of pita, so I made it on a piece of naan. For the hummus, I made Almond Hummus. Didn't really measure how much I put on, just slathered it! I really like the arugula and for a piece, I also added some grape tomatoes. Made for ZWT #6!
A great taste! And so nice on this summer evening after a long - working day on the farm. I followed this exactly, putting the onion right smack on top and letting it roast right in the oven. This was lovely, I made my own pitas, along with the feta, olives, and arugula, you can't go wrong on this one. Just be sure to close the barn door :) Made for my friend on ZWT6 June 2010 Zee Zany Zesty Cookzzz