1/3 Photos of Greek Pizza
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 10 large pitted black olives, quartered lengthwise (such as kalamata or ripe olives)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (juice drained off)
- 1 lb refrigerated pizza dough (Recipe# 3098340)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ozs.)
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled (6 ozs.)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 medium red sweet peppers, roasted and cut into 1 inch wide strips (or a combination of green and yellow sweet peppers)
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, cut into very thin wedges and separated into strips
- 1Use the refrigerated pre-mixed dough for No-Knead Flatbreads No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia).
- 2Twenty minutes before baking, place a baking stone in the oven and preheat to 450º F.
- 3Remove the Olive Oil Flatbread dough (No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia)) from the refrigerator. Lighly dust the surface with flour and cut off a 1 pound (grapefruit size) piece.
- 4With lightly floured hands quickly shape dough into a ball by streching the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball a quarter turn as you go.
- 5On a lightly floured board, flatten the dough, with hands and rolling pin, into a 1/8 inch thick round, dusting with minimal flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to the rolling pin. If difficulty is experienced in rolling out the dough, allow it to rest for a few minutes. I've found that pulling the dough with my hands works best.
- 6Place the rolled out dough on a pizza peel that has been dusted with corn meal.
- 7Carefully slide the pizza shell on the hot pizza stone.
- 8Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the olive oil and ground red pepper.
- 10Brush olive oil onto partially baked crust.
- 11Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- 12Top with the roasted peppers, tomato, onion, feta cheese, oregano and olives.
- 13Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 - 12 minutes more or until crust is crisp.
- 14*NOTE: To Roast Peppers:.
- 15Roast whole peppers on grill until black blisters appear on all sides, about 12 minutes. Remove peppers from grill and place in a covered dish for 15 minutes. Carefully peel skins from peppers (best not to do under running water); seed and chop.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pitted black olives