Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
For Tristan's after school snack.
Make and share this Greek Pizza Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Coat a 24 count mini-muffin pan with cooking spray, or 2 12 count trays.
- Whisk together whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the onion mixture.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake the muffins until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with marinara sauce.