For Tristan's after school snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 5Coat a 24 count mini-muffin pan with cooking spray, or 2 12 count trays.
- 6Whisk together whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 7Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the onion mixture.
- 8Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 9Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 10Bake the muffins until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.
- 11Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature with marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pizza Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g