Chef #229732's Note:
The combination of Mozzarella and Feta with fresh tomatoes and sauteed onions is simply exquisite. It's worth making a fresh batch of dough for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pizza dough (I used Quick Mix Quick Rise Pizza Dough, which yielded 2 batches of dough for a 11X17 cookie sheet)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon capers (or pitted Kalamata olives)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 11. Preheat oven at 425°F.
- 22. Saute the onions, garlic and julienned pepper with the olive oil until the onions are transluscent. Sprinkle crushed red pepper and rosemary. Remove from heat.
- 33. Oil an 11X17 pan or a pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 44. Spread dough over the pan.
- 55. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 66. Take out of the oven and sprinkle most of the mozzarella over the dough, saving a handful for later.
- 77. Spread the onion mixture over the mozzarella.
- 88. Sprinkle the capers over the mixture.
- 99. Sprinkle a handful of feta over the mixture.
- 1010. Spread the tomato slices over the mixture.
- 1111. Sprinkle the handful of mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- 1212. Sprinkle the rest of the feta over the mozzarella.
- 1313. Sprinkle the fresh basil over everything.
- 1414. Bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden.
- 1515. Optional: Keep the pan in the middle of the oven and turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes until the feta cheese is turning golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pizza With Mozzarella and Feta Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 1095.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g