These are sooo good, I practically ate all the dough before I had a chance to bake them. My mom (who is initially from England) said they taste kinda like Marzipan, of course I've never tried marzipan so I can't vouch for that, but they're really good. They have a nice buttery nutty taste, which is great with mocha!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Grease (or line) cookie sheets.
- 2In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the extracts and gradually mix in the flour. Blend well.
- 3Add in the Poppy-seeds and seperate the dough into several inch-round spheres.
- 4Heres the fun part, you can mold these cookies into just about any shape, the dough is very pliable, I made some into triangles, circles, squares, even letters or animals-you choose.
- 5Once your cookie(s) possess the desired shape, you may lay them out on ypur pre-prepared pan and pop 'em in the oven(I would reccomend the middle rack).
- 6Let them bake for 10-12 minutes until a golden brown, be sure that they're nice and firm too- just not burnt.
- 7Let them cool slightly and enjoy.
- 8(P.S. if the bottoms are a little darker than the top, do not be alarmed for this is normal).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Poppy-Seed Strivers
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g