My favourite potato salad. I sometimes jokingly call it the 'Vampire's Death' potato salad cause how could a vampire survive all that garlic?
- 5 -6 large potatoes, cooked (I peel them and nuke them on high for 12 minutes, leave in microwave for another hour.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (olive oil is GOOD for you. Don't be afraid to use it!)
- 1 cup chopped parsley (we usually use spearmint) or 1 cup cilantro (we usually use spearmint) or 1⁄2 cup mint with 1/2 cup parsley (we usually use spearmint)
- Drain the (hot) potatoes of any liquid and cut into nice big chunks.
- Add all the ingredients, except parsley and/or cilantro and stir, carefully, to incorporate the oil into the potato (most of the oil will be absorbed, but some may reappear if the salad sits too long- just give it another stir).
- Many of the potato chunks will start to puree and others will stay in nice big pieces- texturally you're going from creamy to chunky in ever bite. When the salad has cooled a bit, add the parsley and/or cilantro. I like this warm or at room temperature - never cold.
- If it's not all gone by the end of the day, it can be used as the base for a yummy (garlicky) soup.