1/2 Photos of Greek Potato, Zucchini, and Bean Stew
1 hr 8 mins
As the weather turns chilly, my tastes immediately turn to comforting stews and thick soups. Though I am not a vegetarian, I enjoy having meatless meals a couple of times a week. Saw this one on cooking Light and wanted to post it for future reference. For those on the WW Core program, the stew is Core plus points for the feta garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 1/2 cups green beans (cut into 2 or 2 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
- 2Add potato and water, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes and white beans. Cover and cook 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Stir in parsley, dill, oregano, and pepper.
- 5Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Potato, Zucchini, and Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese