1/2 Photos of Greek Rice Pilaf
This pilaf can be the centerpiece of your meal, or can be a side dish. It comes from a Moosewood cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1In a heavy skillet, saute the onions in oil on medium heat until they begin to soften.
- 2Add the garlic, mint and pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
- 3Stir in the spinach, lemon juice, rice and green peas.
- 4Add the dill.
- 5Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6When the spinach is limp and the rice is hot, top with the feta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 447.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 13.1 g