Rice pudding is one of my ultimate comfort foods and this is just one more version of what I think is the best dessert ever. Traditionally, this dish is served cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the litre of milk in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat for five minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, rinse the rice until the water runs clean.
- 3Add rice, lemon zest and cinnamon stick to the milk and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 4In a small saucepan, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in the cold milk and cornflour, and simmer over a low heat until thickened.
- 5Add this mixture, together with the vanilla essence and sugar, to the rice and milk mixture.
- 6Simmer, stirring, for a further five minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 8Remove the cinnamon stick and pour into one large or four to six individual bowls.
- 9Refrigerate until ready to use and serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
- 10To cook the plums, place 200ml water, the vanilla pod and four tablespoons of sugar in a pan and simmer, swirling the pan occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 11Meanwhile, run a sharp knife around the middle of the plums, twist apart and remove the stones.
- 12Add the plums to the sugar water, cover and cook for three minutes.
- 13Turn off the heat and leave for five minutes before pouring into a dish to cool.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of