1/1 Photo of Greek Rice Salad
1 hr 10 mins
This is a quick and simple rice salad. The creamy feta blends beautifully with the black olives. If you leave out the cucumber, this is also lovely served warm. I like the flavour as it is but if you don't like vinaigrette tart, feel free to reduce the amount of red wine vinegar to 2 tablespoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese (or more if you like!)
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely cubed cucumber
For the vinaigrette
- 1Cook the rice in the hot water, simmering over a low heat in a covered pan for around 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
- 2When the rice is fully cooked, remove from the heat and allow to cool, for about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette- in a bowl, beat the olive oil and red wine vinegar until they are completely blended. Add the ground oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4When the rice is cool, add the cubed feta, black olives, cucumber and vinaigrette.
- 5Stir to mix and put in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to blend.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.3
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 1077.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g