1/1 Photo of Greek Roast Lamb
2 hrs 15 mins
Lou van's Note:
Taken from Good Food Magazine, recipe by Barney Desmazery. Posted for ZWT6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.
- 2Pound the garlic, half the oregano, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar, then add the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 3Stab the lamb all over with a sharp knife, then push as much of the herb paste as you can into the holes.
- 4Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin, then toss in the remaining olive oil and any remaining herb paste.
- 5Nestle the lamb amongst the potatoes, roast for 20 mins, then reduce the temperature to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- 6Roast for 1 hr 15 mins for medium-rare, adding another 15 mins if you prefer your lamb medium.
- 7Baste the lamb once or twice with the juices and toss the potatoes. When the lamb is done to your liking, remove from the tin and let it rest.
- 8Throw the rest of the oregano in with the potatoes, scoop from the tin and keep warm.
- 9Place the roasting tin over a medium flame, add the canned tomatoes and olives to the pan juices, then simmer for a few minutes Serve the lamb with the potatoes and sauce and a simple salad.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Roast Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 123.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb