Taken from Good Food Magazine, recipe by Barney Desmazery. Posted for ZWT6
Make and share this Greek Roast Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.
- Pound the garlic, half the oregano, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar, then add the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stab the lamb all over with a sharp knife, then push as much of the herb paste as you can into the holes.
- Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin, then toss in the remaining olive oil and any remaining herb paste.
- Nestle the lamb amongst the potatoes, roast for 20 mins, then reduce the temperature to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Roast for 1 hr 15 mins for medium-rare, adding another 15 mins if you prefer your lamb medium.
- Baste the lamb once or twice with the juices and toss the potatoes. When the lamb is done to your liking, remove from the tin and let it rest.
- Throw the rest of the oregano in with the potatoes, scoop from the tin and keep warm.
- Place the roasting tin over a medium flame, add the canned tomatoes and olives to the pan juices, then simmer for a few minutes Serve the lamb with the potatoes and sauce and a simple salad.