This is a great Sunday dinner since it is so easy to prepare, inexpensive and usually all cooks have the ingredients on hand.
- Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half the oregano.
- Arrange potatoes around the chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper and the remaining oregano.
- Pour butter and lemon juice over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add chicken broth to pan bottom.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is browned and tender.
- Baste frequently with pan juices during roasting.