1/2 Photos of Greek Roasted Lamb
7 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Simple but delicious. You may use dried herbs if desired- substitute 1/3 of the amount called for fresh (just make sure the dried herbs are not old).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove bone and fell from lamb, if necessary.
- 2Piece together and tie with kitchen twine.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients and pour over lamb, coating it thoroughly (make additional marinade if needed).
- 4Marinate lamb 6 hours or preferably, overnight.
- 5Drain marinade and allow lamb to warm (remove a lot of the chill).
- 6Place lamb (along with root vegetables, if desired) in roasting pan and roast at 450F for approximately 15 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 350F and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer reads 145-150F for medium rare, or 160F+ for well done, allowing that the meat will raise about 5 degrees as it rests after cooking.
- 7Start checking your meat temp with the instant read thermometer at about 20-25 minutes per pound.
- 8Allow the roast to rest undisturbed for about 25 minutes before carving.
- 9Reduce any drippings, if desired, to serve with the lamb.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Roasted Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.2
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 54.4 g