Tilapia has a really great, extremely subtle flavor and it doesn't dry out as easily as many other varieties of fish. This tilapia is topped with a mixture of tomatoes, feta and fresh parsley and then baked. You'll get a large portion for few calories. Just be sure to season the fillets directly with salt. That will really make a difference. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2⁄3 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 3⁄4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 lb tilapia fillet, bones removed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly mist a medium ovenproof baking dish with spray.
- Mix the garlic, olive oil, parsley, tomatoes, and feta in a medium bowl.
- Lightly mist both sides of the tilapia fillets with spray, and then season both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Lay the fillets side by side, barely touching, in the prepared baking dish. Top evenly with the tomato mixture. Bake for 13 to 17 minutes, or until the tilapia flakes and is no longer translucent. Serve immediately.