Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
Tilapia has a really great, extremely subtle flavor and it doesn't dry out as easily as many other varieties of fish. This tilapia is topped with a mixture of tomatoes, feta and fresh parsley and then baked. You'll get a large portion for few calories. Just be sure to season the fillets directly with salt. That will really make a difference. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 22.18 ml minced fresh garlic
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 158.51 ml roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 49.61 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 226.79 g tilapia fillet, bones removed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly mist a medium ovenproof baking dish with spray.
- Mix the garlic, olive oil, parsley, tomatoes, and feta in a medium bowl.
- Lightly mist both sides of the tilapia fillets with spray, and then season both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Lay the fillets side by side, barely touching, in the prepared baking dish. Top evenly with the tomato mixture. Bake for 13 to 17 minutes, or until the tilapia flakes and is no longer translucent. Serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this thanks Crafty. Tilapia isn't available in Aus, so I used some emperor fillets we had in the freezer. They were good in the sauce. I had a bit of onion in the fridge so added that in but otherwise stuck to your very simple recipe. Thanks for posting.
Outstanding dish! We love tilapia and this is a wonderful way to prepare it. I used cherry tomatoes instead of roma as that's what I had on hand. Easy to make, healthy, and extremely flavorful - thanks for sharing the recipe!
We don't have Tilapia in NZ so I used John Dory fillets which might be too mild for the strong flavours of feta and garlic, though DH thought it was fabulous. Personally I would leave the garlic out next time. There was one fillet left which DJH had cold for lunch and he declared it delicious this way too!! Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap Jan 2013.