Until we went to Greece, we always made Greek salad with lettuce. Now we know this is the way they do it in Greece, and it's so much better (not to mention simple)! The amounts used are rough guides, you can adjust them to your taste.
- Start by chopping up the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and celery.
- Make sure they are nice and chunky.
- Throw in a large bowl, adding as many olives as you care for.
- Roughly slice the feta cheese and mix that in too.
- The dressing is roughly half olive oil, one quarter vinegar and one quarter lemon juice with pepper added to taste.
- Mix up as much as you feel you need, pour over the salad and enjoy.