Goes great with steaks, moussaka, pastitsio, or as a lunch with a piece of warm pita bread.
Make and share this Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 15 -16 kalamata olives
- 4 -5 mild pepperoncini peppers, whole
- whisk together the olive oil, oregano, garlic, wine vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Toss with dressing; serve.