Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Sunset -- great greek salad with lemon juice
Make and share this Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, then rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups kalamata olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 lb feta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and olives.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano.
- 3. Break feta cheese into about 1/2-inch chunks and add to cucumber mixture. Add dressing and mix gently, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
I LOVE Greek salads, including this one. This is perfect when you have garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. I cut the amount of oil in half, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. It gets better after chilling for awhile. Thanx for sharing!