Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This versatile salad is a great lunch or light dinner. It's also a delicious way to use up leftover cooked meat or poultry. From Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
- 3 cups curly endive lettuce (use one or both for a total of 3 cups) or 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn (use one or both for a total of 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups iceberg lettuce or 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, torn
- 8 ounces cooked lean lamb (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked pork (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked chicken (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked turkey (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked beef (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked goat meat, cut into bite-size strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup greek vinaigrette (recommend Greek Vinaigrette)
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained rinsed and patted dry (optional)
- In large bowl, toss together all greens and divide among 5 salad plates.
- Arrange 1/4 of meat, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese, radishes, green onions and olives on each plate of greens.
- Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette (about 2 tbsp per plate).
- If desired, top each with anchovy fillet.
Delicious. I used organic curly endive & organic baby spinach both from our weekly local organic produce basket, I used organic chicken breast that had been baked on a whole chicken, sadly no tomato as I had none on hand, organic cucumber, soft goat cheese in place of feta which was good, organic radishes, organic green onion, klamata olives, and the recommended vinegrette, Greek Vinaigrette, no optional anchovies fillets.
I made this salad without the meat and anchovies. It was delicious, using O'Charley's Balsamic dressing. Thanks!