1/1 Photo of Greek Salad
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This versatile salad is a great lunch or light dinner. It's also a delicious way to use up leftover cooked meat or poultry. From Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups curly endive lettuce (use one or both for a total of 3 cups) or 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn (use one or both for a total of 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce or 1 1/2 cups spinach, torn
- 8 ounces cooked lean lamb (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked pork (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked chicken (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked turkey (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked beef (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked goat meat, cut into bite-size strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup greek vinaigrette (recommend Greek Vinaigrette)
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained rinsed and patted dry (optional)
- 1In large bowl, toss together all greens and divide among 5 salad plates.
- 2Arrange 1/4 of meat, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese, radishes, green onions and olives on each plate of greens.
- 3Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette (about 2 tbsp per plate).
- 4If desired, top each with anchovy fillet.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: