This versatile salad is a great lunch or light dinner. It's also a delicious way to use up leftover cooked meat or poultry. From Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
- 3 cups curly endive lettuce (use one or both for a total of 3 cups) or 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn (use one or both for a total of 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups iceberg lettuce or 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, torn
- 8 ounces cooked lean lamb (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked pork (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked chicken (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked turkey (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked beef (1 1/2 cups) or 8 ounces cooked goat meat, cut into bite-size strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup greek vinaigrette (recommend Greek Vinaigrette)
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained rinsed and patted dry (optional)
- In large bowl, toss together all greens and divide among 5 salad plates.
- Arrange 1/4 of meat, tomato, cucumber, feta cheese, radishes, green onions and olives on each plate of greens.
- Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette (about 2 tbsp per plate).
- If desired, top each with anchovy fillet.