1 hr 30 mins
This is quite lengthy and I have not given this out in 25 years of coveting it so consider yourself lucky! LOL Greek Salad Louis Pappas Restaurant Tarpon Springs, Florida Potato Salad for center of salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boiling potatoes
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including green tops
- 1/2 cup salad dressing, not Mayo
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded saving the good outer leaves
- 12 sprigs watercress
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut into 8 fingers
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 packages feta cheese, blocks are good for slicing into squares
- 1 green pepper, cut into 8 rings
- 4 slices beets, cooked (bottled is fine)
- 4 jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 12 Greek olives
- 12 salonika peppers
- 4 radishes, cut into rosettes
- 4 whole green onions
- 1Boil potatoes in skins for 30 minutes.
- 2Drain, cool and cut into slices in a bowl.
- 3Add peppers, onions and parsley.
- 4Fold in salad dressing and lightly salt if wanted.
- 5Should be about 3 cups Salad ingredients needed 1 head of lettuce shredded, saving the good outer leaves 12 sprigs of watercress 2 tomatoes cut into 12 wedges 1 cucumber cut into 8 fingers 1 avocado cut into 8 wedges 4 portions of Feta cheese, blocks are good for slicing into squares 1 green pepper cut into 8 rings 4 slices of cooked beets (bottled is fine) 4 jumbo cooked shrimp 4 anchovy fillets 12 Greek olives 12 Salonika peppers 4 radishes cut into rosettes 4 whole green onions Line platter or LARGE (this is a meal!) bowl with the outside of the lettuce leaves.
- 6Place the 3 cups of potato salad in a mound in the center of the lettuce. Cover with the remaining shredded lettuce, mounding it up high.
- 7Arrange the watercress on top.
- 8Place the tomato wedges around the bottom outer edge of the lettuce. Place the cucumber fingers in-between the tomatoes standing upright on the lettuce. Put avocado around the same way so you have tomato, cucumber, avocado repeating all round.
- 9Place the 4 fetas around the top in a circle. Add the beets on the feta and the shrimp on the beet. Place the anchovy on top of the shrimp/beet/feta.
- 10Place the olives, peppers, green onions as desired.
- 11This is a beautiful dish.
- 12You will see the empty spots to fill.
- 13Dressing 1/4 cup white vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup vegetable oil oregano Blend the two oils.
- 14Sprinkle the entire salad with the vinegar then with the blended oils.
- 15Sprinkle oregano all over.
- 16Serve immediately.
- 17If you want to make it early in the day, wait until serving time to do the feta, beet, shrimp, anchovy.
- 18The beet will stain the cheese. We find it hard to destroy this work of art until we remember how wonderful it is!! Serve with toasted garlic bread for a meal.
- 19Diane Pyburn
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (891 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.6
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 265.9 mg
- Sodium 3113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 49.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: