Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know...true Greek salad does not have lettuce in it, but this one does. The dressing is simple and is what makes this special.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together.
- Toss salad and 1/2 of dressing together.
- Serve with remaining dressing as desired.
The dressing is excellent. The only thing I might add would be some garlic but I'm a garlic person. I did reduce the amount of salad ingrdients to 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber and 1/4 red onion. This made 3 generous servings and something I am sure to repeat. Thanks for a great recipe.
Simple and yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
I really enjoyed this for a healthy, quick lunch. Thank you Kel!